This meal is from the Costco Meal Plan #2. A delicious, warm stew to warm your tummy and your heart.
Please note: This recipe is written to make 2 meals for 4 adults. I suggest making this as written below, eating one meal, then freezing the other portion for the following week. Let cool completely, then place in a plastic baggie or container and freeze. Thaw and reheat before serving the second time.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Stew
A simple, hearty stew made with chicken, sausage and potatoes. Enjoy!
Servings - 4 servings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 4 sausage links sliced
- 2 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 small gold potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 small green bell peppers seeded and diced
- 1 small white onion chopped
- Green Beans side dish
- 4 Dinner Rolls side dish
- Place all the ingredients, except green beans and rolls, plus 4 cups of water into the slow cooker. Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Cook the green beans in a saucepan with water until turn brighter green. Warm the dinner rolls.
- Serve Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Soup with green beans and dinner rolls.
Question re: ingredients & directions. Calls for 4 Cups chicken broth AND 4 Cups water?? Regular sausage?? peppers of my choice?? ie. green, or red, and regular diced tomatoes?? or a seasoned kind?? sounds good just wanted to clarify what was needed and what I could use. Thanks
The details are from the meal plan. She tells you what to buy.
Looks like the water in the directions was a mistake, because the amounts are the same.
Elizabeth W says
I would not include the 4 additional cups of water. It made it more like a soup then a stew. Other then that it was amazing.