This meal is from the Costco Meal Plan #2. A delicious, warm stew to warm your tummy and your heart.
Please note: This recipe is written to make 2 meals for 4 adults. I suggest making this as written below, eating one meal, then freezing the other portion for the following week. Let cool completely, then place in a plastic baggie or container and freeze. Thaw and reheat before serving the second time.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 4 sausage links sliced
- 2 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 small gold potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 small green bell peppers seeded and diced
- 1 small white onion chopped
- Green Beans side dish
- 4 Dinner Rolls side dish
- Place all the ingredients, except green beans and rolls, plus 4 cups of water into the slow cooker. Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Cook the green beans in a saucepan with water until turn brighter green. Warm the dinner rolls.
- Serve Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Soup with green beans and dinner rolls.