Busy weeknight dinners just got a cheesy makeover!
Not like a silly, cheesy makeover…complete with funny props and faces from a photo booth.
Like a CHEESE-y makeover.
As in queso blanco and cream cheese makeover.
Start these in the morning before a busy day, then come home in time to shred the chicken, mix in the cheese and serve them up…then sit back, relax and watch your family devour them!
- 2 lbs. 2 lbs.boneless skinless chicken thighs, frozen or thawed
- 3 Tbsphoney
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp minced dried onion or cup fresh onions, minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tspcayenne pepper, ground
- 1/2 tspblack pepper, ground
- 1/2 tspsea salt
- 1 tspchipotle, ground
- 1/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 3 drops liquid smoke
- 8 oz. queso blanco
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Bread or rolls for serving
- Optional: top with avocados, lettuce etc.
- Spray slow cooker insertwith non-stick cooking spray. Add the chicken thighs to the base of the slow cooker.
- In small bowl, stir togetherthe honey, vinegar, onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, chipotle, cumin, and liquid smoke.
- Pour sauce over chicken.If frozen, cook on high4 - 6 hours or low for6 - 8 hours. If thawed, cook on high4 hours or low6 hours.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove slow cooker from heating element and drain off most of the liquid leaving about 1/2 cup sauce (and the chicken) in the slow cooker.
- Use a fork to pullapart chicken pieces in the slow cooker. Add both the queso blanco & the cream cheese to chickenand mix until cheese is completely melted and no lumps remain.
- Serve on sandwich rolls with your favorite fixings, like avocado and lettuce!