Pardon me while I dive right into this pile of awesome. Like, literally…I just want to dive right in.
In recent weeks, I’ve become a bit obsessed with shredded buffalo chicken…and the 782 recipes that you can use it in. Like these nachos. Or enchiladas. Or wraps. Or on top of pizza.
The shredded chicken part is silly easy…chicken plus buffalo wing sauce plus Ranch dressing packet. Mix it all up in the slow cooker and let slow cook the day away.
(Also, works well on the slow cook function of the Instant Pot, or High for 20 minutes works too.)
With these nachos, let the chicken slow cook the day away, then shred it into the sauce and spoon onto the nachos! For the full flavor effect, don’t skip the crumbled blue cheese and chopped celery garnish.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Crumbled blue cheese, garnish
- Chopped celery, garnish
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker and sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the top. Pour the buffalo wing sauce over the top.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours. Once the chicken is cooked, shred with 2 forks and combine with the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Assemble the nachos on baking sheet with tortilla chips, shredded buffalo chicken and shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Prepare fruit.
- Serve Buffalo Chicken Nachos with crumbled blue cheese and chopped celery garnish, and side of fruit.
Can you use any hot sauce or does it have to be buffalo wing? I have a lot of Cholula bottles!