Pardon me while I just take the slow cooker insert and just start eating right out of it. Because I thought about it. Then I thought, I should just have this for dinner…the whole thing…all for me.
Sometimes I have these “selfish chef” moments…where I want it all to myself, and this….THIS. This is one of those. If it wouldn’t look awkward for me to place the slow cooker insert at my place at the table, then I’d probably do it.
And you should too.
Well, at least you should make this for your people. And resist the urge to eat it all yourself! 😉 😉 😉
- 12 oz. raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 12 oz. blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 16 oz. strawberries, hulled, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup berry preserves
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and preserves to the slow cooker. Stir until all the berries are coated evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon. Use a fork or pastry blender to cut the butter into the mixture.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the berries.
- Place the lid on and set the slow cooker to high. Cook for 2 1/2 hours. Berries will be bubbly and oat topping will be a little firm.
- Optional: Turn your oven broiler on low and remove the lid to the slow cooker. Place the slow cooker insertin the oven for 2 - 3 minutes until top is lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.