Baja Shredded Chicken Tacos are slow cooked to perfection! A must-try for your next Taco Tuesday meal!
This is probably one of my family’s favorite taco recipes. And it’s a go-to for me, because it’s SO EASY.
It’s just a lovely combo of flavors that makes for a delightful taco!
P.S. Use warmed corn tortillas for “street tacos” and gluten-free version of this meal!
Slow Cooker Baja Shredded Chicken Tacos
One of our favorite taco recipes!
Servings - 4 servings
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 cup red salsa
- 4 oz can green chilies
- Salt and pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- Pico de gallo, garnish
- Side salad
- Place the chicken breasts into the base of the slow cooker and add the brown sugar, ground cumin, salsa, green chilies, salt and pepper on top of the chicken.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Once finished cooking, shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix into the sauce.
- Spoon the shredded chicken into tortillas and make tacos.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Slow Cooker Baja Shredded Chicken Tacos with pico de gallo garnish and side salad.
Connie Smith says
looks great will use tomorrow. How do I see your cookbooks
Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom says
Hi Connie – all of my freezer cooking cookbooks are here: store.erinchase.io 🙂