I want to say holy guacamole. But that wouldn’t make sense with a fakeout-takeout kind of Asian dish like this.
So, holy fakeout-takeout.
This shredded beef is so delicious. And it’s so easy to through together with a fabulous homemade Asian sauce.
And…freezer friendly too!
Love me a beef roast that can go freezer to slow cooker in just a matter of minutes!
Let me know how you enjoy this delicious dinner 🙂
Slow Cooker Asian Shredded Beef
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker
- 2 lbs. beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- 1 cup brown rice, as side dish
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Place the beef roast into the base of the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.In a mixing bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, ginger and crushed red pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the beef in the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours. Once finished cooking, shred the beef with 2 forks and mix into the sauce.
- Cook the rice, as directed.
- Prepare the veggies.
- Serve Slow Cooker Asian Shredded Beef over rice with veggies and green onion garnish.