I want to say holy guacamole. But that wouldn’t make sense with a fakeout-takeout kind of Asian dish like this.
So, holy fakeout-takeout.
This shredded beef is so delicious. And it’s so easy to through together with a fabulous homemade Asian sauce.
And…freezer friendly too!
Love me a beef roast that can go freezer to slow cooker in just a matter of minutes!
Let me know how you enjoy this delicious dinner 🙂
Slow Cooker Asian Shredded Beef
- 2 lbs. beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- 1 cup brown rice, as side dish
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Place the beef roast into the base of the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.In a mixing bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, ginger and crushed red pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the beef in the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours. Once finished cooking, shred the beef with 2 forks and mix into the sauce.
- Cook the rice, as directed.
- Prepare the veggies.
- Serve Slow Cooker Asian Shredded Beef over rice with veggies and green onion garnish.
- Instant Pot Directions:Add the chuck roast into the insert. Pour thehoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, ginger and crushed red pepper over the roast. Gently stir to combine. Close the lid and set to Sealing. Cook on High, Manual for 60 minutes, or until cooked through. Let pressure release naturally. Keep on warm mode until ready to serve - shred or slice the beef into the sauce, then strain and serve into tacos with favorite toppings and sides.