Two kid favorites, cooked together in the same skillet – your family will love this Sloppy Joe Mac n Cheese!
We ADORE this recipe and we hope you will too!
It’s sloppy joe, mixed with pasta, evaporated milk and cheddar cheese.
And it’s the PERFECT weeknight dinner for your hungry crew.
I’ve got some picts below to show you how to make it! Enjoy!
How to Make Sloppy Joe Mac n Cheese
Here is a quick look at how easy it is to make this.
With any pasta skillet meal, you could cook the pasta with the meat sauce with a tight fitting lid.
In this case, I chose to cook the pasta separately so that the cheesy sauce would be the right consistency.
Brown the ground beef, drain, and add the sloppy joe sauce.
Stir in the evaporated milk.
Mix in the al dente, cooked pasta.
Add a few Tbsp of butter, for extra creamy sauce.
Stir in the shredded cheese.
Remove from heat, to prevent pasta from overcooking.
Cheesy sloppy joe sauce will thicken as it cools.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 15 oz. can sloppy joe sauce
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 12 oz. small shell pasta
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In large skillet, brown the ground beef, and drain if needed.
- Cook the pasta al dente, about 8 minutes, and then drain well.
- Stir in the sloppy joe sauce with the browned beef. Then swirl in the evaporated milk.
- Add the cooked pasta in with the meat sauce, and add the butter. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese. Remove from the heat to keep the pasta from overcooking.
- Serve Sloppy Joe Mac n Cheese with fruit or veggie side dish.