Want a fabulous, but simple and gourmet-like dinner…for this summer that won’t heat up your kitchen too much???
I love skillet meals in the summer and I especially love those meals with powerful and well-combined flavors…like mushrooms and pearled onions! Toss in a few Italian herbs and you’ve got the taste of Tuscany happening on your dinner table. Just close your eyes and imagine you’re sitting high up on a hill in Tuscany, enjoying a delicious dinner (and perhaps, glass of wine?!)
We loved this skillet pork chops recipe…and I hope you do as well…
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms
- 10 oz. bag frozen pearled onions
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salad or fresh veggies, as side dish
- Dinner rolls, as side dish (choose a gluten free option for a completely GF meal)
- Heat the olive oil in skillet and saute the baby bella mushrooms and frozen pearled onions for 4 to 5 minutes. Pour them out into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the pork chops for 2 minutes on each side. Add the sauteed mushrooms and pearled onions back into the skillet and add the dried thyme and basil.
- Stir to combine, reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked through.
- Prepare the salad or fresh veggies.
- Warm the dinner rolls.
- Serve Skillet Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Pearled Onions with salad or veggies and dinner rolls.
- NOTE: Serve with cauli-rice for Paleo/Whole30 meal.
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #63.