Some nights for dinner it’s a “come and fend for yourself” – not in a leftovers and “YOYO – you’re on your own” kind of way. But more of a come fix your own plate and let’s polish off this grub at the kitchen bar, not the kitchen table, kind of way.
And that’s exactly what happens with this Skillet Nacho Dip at our house.
Not only is it super flavorful, it’s super quick to prepare and set out onto the counter. Whether you’re fixing this from fresh, or pulling pre-browned ground beef from the freezer, it’s a quick and simple dinner, perfect for the busy weeknight. So hearty and so tasty! Enjoy!
Skillet Nacho Dip
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 4 oz. can green chilies
- 15 oz. can pinto beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning (homemade taco seasoning)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Toppings: fresh diced tomatoes and avocado chunks
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
- Fresh veggies or salad, as side dish
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain, if needed, and return to the skillet.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, green chilies and drained pinto beans with the taco seasoning. Combine well and let simmer over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, to allow flavors to mingle and marry.
- Once simmer and cooked into thick sauce, top with the shredded cheese and let melt. (If needed, add to 350 F oven for a few minutes - using oven safe skillet.)
- Top with fresh diced tomatoes and avocado chunks, and any other nacho toppings like salsa or sour cream.
- Serve Skillet Nacho Dip with tortilla chips, and side of veggies or salad.