A delightfully, nutty side dish using corn on the cob and some staples from the fridge and pantry!
I whipped together this yummy corn side dish on the fly, to go with the Oven Tacos that I prepared on Big Bad Budget Battle show on Food Network.
The challenge was to cook something from my hometown and I immediately flash-backed to the “taco truck tour” that I went on for my birthday a few years ago. Along with the tacos, I wanted a skillet style elote corn…except I didn’t have the exact ingredients for that…so I improvised.
The end result…delicious!!!
- 4 corn cobs shucked
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the kernels off of the corn cobs.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the corn kernels into the hot skillet and sauce for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in the butter and let melt, tossing with the corn.
- Stir in the milk, grated Parmesan and lemon juice. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, or until creamy sauce forms.
- Season with taco seasoning, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy Skillet Creamy Corn as side dish with your favorite dinner.