This recipe is one of our new MyFreezEasy meals. And while I’ve written the directions below for making it as a “fresh meal,” I would highly recommend freezing the chicken with the oil and balsamic because it will marinate beautifully as it thaws!
These fabulous flavors combine in a skillet to make an amazing, fresh and ‘light’ weeknight dinner. Also, I highly recommend the fresh basil garnish on this. Yes, the little packets of leaves are expensive (hint: grown your own…it’s super easy!) But in this kind of meal, the fresh flavor is key!
Skillet Caprese Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, garnish
- Fresh veggies or salad, as side dish
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and saute the chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes.Sprinkle the balsamic vinegar and cherry tomatoes around the chicken and saute for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring and flipping chicken often.
- Once the chicken has cooked through, add slices of fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil over the chicken and sauteed tomatoes.
- Prepare the salad or veggies.
- Serve Skillet Caprese Chicken with salad or veggies.
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #70.