Here’s a great quick and easy recipe for Simple Meatballs! The reason this recipe is excellent is because it uses so few ingredients and it’s easy to fit into a special diet such as paleo or a gluten free diet.
Easy and delicious meatballs – perfect for pasta or potatoes!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
Gravy for Meatballs
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- rice, pasta, or potatoes side dish
- fresh veggies side dish
- In a large bowl, mix together the raw hamburger, oats, and minced onion. Add in additional spices if desired for special flavors.
- Form the meat mixture into balls and place in an 8x8 baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until the meatballs are done on the inside.
- While the meatballs are cooking, cook your rice or pasta. You will also want to cook your gravy during this time.
- For the gravy, add the broth to a saucepan and stir in a pinch of salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add about a teaspoon of starch to a small bowl and mix with water to make a thick liquid. Add to the broth and stir while adding. Let boil gently, stirring frequently until desired consistency is reached.
- To finish, put your meatballs on top of the pasta, rice, or potatoes and top with gravy.