I usually plan my meals based on what’s in the freezer or what’s on sale each week. This week I thought I might be in trouble because I had shrimp on the menu, but no shrimp in the freezer. Well, I got lucky! A bag of 40-60 frozen shrimp was on sale from $6.38 to $5.00! PERFECT! I can use half the bag for this meal and the other half later! My goal for each meal is to keep the protein cost at or below $2.50…so this worked out beautifully. I couldn’t have pulled this meal off for under $5 if the shrimp were not on sale! Here’s my recipe!
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles
- 3-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3-4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 20 20 frozen shrimp
- 4 corn cobs
- In medium saucepan, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain.
- In skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil, butter or margarine, crushed garlic cloves and parmesan cheese. Stir continuously until starts bubbly. Then reduce heat and add "de-tailed and deveined" shrimp. Let simmer for 6-7minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, add shrimp sauce to the pasta noodles and mix well.
- Remove husks and threads from corn and boil for 4-5 minutes in large saucepan.
- Serve Shrimp Scampi and Boiled Corn.