I dug some tilapia fillets out of the freezer. I bounced out to the garden to pick some fresh parsley from the garden, thinking I was going to do the same old Lemon-Dill Tilapia thing (that’s my fall back for when I’m feeling uninspired)…but of course, I opened the fridge to grab the lemon juice…and the garlic bulb practically jumped off the shelf!
Parsley, lemon juice, garlic…Scampi, of course!
Snatched the butter (dairy-free margarine, really) and off I went to make a little something to pour atop the tilapia fillets.
Ended up being fairly simple. And oh my heavens, tasty too!
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice ($.60)
- 12 oz. bag frozen tilapia fillets ($2.99)
- 1/4 cup butter/margarine ($.25)
- 3 large garlic cloves ($.15)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice ($.05)
- Fresh parsley from the garden
- Salt and pepper
- 12 oz. bag of peas ($.88)
- Cook the brown rice as directed on package.