Please pass the cheesy pasta.
This pasta bake is FANTABULOUS…and it’s quick to prepare and great from freezer to table too. So while you’re at it, make a second pan’s worth for the freezer!
The touch of sweet from the sweet Italian sausage with a bit of that charred tomato flavor from the fire-roasted tomatoes, all tossed together with pasta and topped with cheese…your people will polish this off!!!
Here’s a peak at what it looks like coming out of the oven…
Spoon onto plates, serve and devour!
Sausage with Ziti
This pasta bake is absolutely delightful!
Servings - 4 servings
- 12 oz ziti pasta
- 1 lb. precooked Italian sausage
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, as garnish
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Cook the pasta to al dente, and drain and return to the saucepan.
- Slice the sausage and remove the casing, if needed.
- Open and drain the cans of crushed and fire-roasted diced tomatoes.
- To the pasta in the saucepan, stir in the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with their juices, Italian seasoning, and then mix in the sliced Italian sausage. Toss well and let simmer, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta and sauce have warmed through, sprinkle the cheese on top and let melt. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
- If you want to put everything into a baking dish, add all the pasta, sausage and sauce, then top with cheese and bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Prepare the veggies.
- Serve Sausage with Ziti with veggies.
I didn’t find freezer instructions.
At what point do I prepare for freezer?
Looks so very yummy!
No mention of baking ziti.