This is a guest recipe! .
I love cooking from scratch when I can, but there are some days when quick and easy is a must.
Zatarain’s jambalaya mix is delicious right out of the box, and when it goes on sale I stock up for this quick and frugal meal. Pair it with a green salad for a perfect dinner!
- 1 box Zatarain's jambalaya mix
- 12 pz. package smoked sausage
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 15 oz. black beans
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 small cucumber
- favorite dressing for salad
- Slice sausage and brown in canola oil. Add jambalaya mix following package directions. Drain beans and add right at the end of cooking the rice.
- Serve Sausage Jambalaya with a chopped salad.