I sure hope that they roast garlic in heaven!
Seriously though, I absolutely adore the smell of roasting garlic. Adoration. If the oven wasn’t so hot, I’d jump in for a closer whiff!!!
And it’s not just the smell, it’s the flavor that it brings to food.
Just add roasted garlic to your favorite mashed potatoes. Here’s how I did it…
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 head of garlic ($.33)
- 6 Idaho potatoes ($1)
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil ($.20)
- 3/4-1 cup light sour cream ($.50)
- 2 Tbsp chopped onion flakes ($.10)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Roast the garlic head in a foil pouch for 45-50 minutes at 400. Let cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Peel and quarter potatoes. Boil in salted water for 10-15 minutes, or until soft. Drain and dump back into the pot you boiled them in.
- Add the olive oil, sour cream, onion flakes, and squeeze the roasted garlic in as well. Mix it all up.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Hi there! I am your newest follower on Facebook. Perhaps you’ll follow me back over to Free 2 Be Frugal?
My 8 yr. old just said yum when I mentioned this recipe to him.