I feel like I’ve made meatloaf 3,427 ways. Well, maybe not that many…but meatloaf is like chili. There are so many different ways you can make it and it always turns out delicious!
You’ve got to have the right mix of meat and egg, plus something to absorb the juices, plus the right mix of seasonings.
In this recipe, it’s the crushed up Ritz crackers that take of the role of absorbing juices…and they add the most amazing, buttery element to this meatloaf. Plus, the extra bit of tang from the sharp cheddar cheese is magical.
I know it’s hard to “see” it from the photo, but you have to trust me on this and try it! Enjoy!!!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 24 Ritz crackers
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Garnish: ketchup
- Side salad
- Side of mashed potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Crush the Ritz crackers until crummy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, milk, crushed crackers, minced onion, cheddar cheese, ketchup, and mix well. Press the meatloaf into the loaf pan or tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until beef is cooked in the middle. Brush with ketchup on top, and bake another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare the salad.
- Prepare the mashed potatoes.
- Serve Ritzy Meatloaf with side salad and mashed potatoes.
I love the simplicity of this recipe. I just finished preparing it and placing it in the oven. Excited to see and taste the final result. Will update if need be.