While nearly all of the recipes posted on this website cost me less than $5 to make for my whole family, it’s the rice and beans recipes that can be made for less than $3 and $4 total…for the whole meal…for a family of 4.
The recipes in this list use only grains and legumes…like rice, quinoa, beans, lentils, etc. They are all frugal in nature and making them regularly will definitely help you reduce your overall grocery budget.
But before we get to the recipes…a few helpful tips and tricks!
Favorite Rice and Beans Recipes from $5 Dinners
- Rice and Bean Soup
- Mexican Bean Soup with Spanish Rice
- Dominican Rice and Beans
- Rotel Beans and Rice
- Slow Cooker Black Beans and Rice
- Coconut Rice and Beans
- Ranchero Black and Pinto Beans
- Red Quinoa with Avocado, Black Beans and Corn
- Brown Rice with Black Eyed Peas and Greens
- Red Beans and Rice
- Black Bean and Barley Soup
- Southwest Wild Rice Pilaf
One Dish Dinner Rice and Beans Recipes
- Fiesta Beans and Rice
- Spicy Quinoa with Red Kidney, Corn and Lime
- Four Bean Salad with Quinoa
- Lentil Minestrone Soup
Plus there are LOTS more in my cookbooks and Viral Meal Plans using ingredients from Costco!
I hope this list helps bring a little creativity to your dinner table, as you continue on your penny pinching journey to get out of debt or make your financial dreams come true!!!