I noticed that the mint plant that I hijacked got from my friend’s yard is really taking off and wondered…hmmm…what can I do with all this mint??? Tea, of course! And perfect…I’ve got raspberries in the freezer.
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 gallon tea
- In saucepan, add fresh or frozen raspberries, mint leaves, sugar and water.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar and raspberries reduce down to a “sauce.” Mash raspberries with potato masher. (You could blend/puree, but that seemed too messy!)
- Strain sauce to keep too many seeds from getting in the tea and to remove the mint leaves.
- Raspberry Mint Syrup…(Some of the seeds escaped into the pitcher!)
- Brew 1 gallon of tea as directed on package. Add to the pitcher with the raspberry mint syrup. Stir thoroughly.