Kids love chicken nuggets. (Most kids anyways.) I really don’t know or understand the appeal of chicken nuggets, but I’m sure I loved them as a kid (mom?) and my kids love them too. We don’t eat them at home often…when we do, they are homemade.
These ranch flavored chicken nuggets, dipped in marinara sauce were a big hit!
I decided to serve these with marinara sauce because, well, we go through a lot of ketchup when we eat other chicken and beef meals. Just wanted to see what happened when I “rocked the ketchup boat” at the dinner table. Good news…the kids didn’t miss a beat and made no comments about the marinara. While I had visions of “ketchup withdrawals,” I’m grateful that my kiddos aren’t solely dependent on ketchup…for all chicken. 🙂
Happy dipping y’all!
Ranch Chicken Nuggets
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 oz. packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup Marinara sauce for dipping
- Veggies for side dish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, or line a cookie sheet with non-stick baking mat.
- Whisk the 2 eggs in a small bowl. Mix together the bread crumbs and ranch mix in another bowl.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg, then coat in the ranch-bread crumb mixture. Place on the cookie sheet, and repeat until all chicken pieces are coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until all chicken pieces are cooked through and have turned slightly golden. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve Ranch Chicken Dippers with marinara sauce and other side dishes.
[…] If you have kids and your family loves chicken, you will love this meal. I found the base recipe at 5dollardinners.com, and in my kitchen fashion, I modified, even a pretty healthy recipe, to make it even healthier. Here’s the link to the original recipe if you’d like to check it out. ($5 Dinners: Ranch Chicken Dippers) […]