Cancel your Thanksgiving morning breakfast plans RIGHT.NOW. and make these instead. Seriously, the tastes and delicious flavors of Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls…in a fraction of the time!
Whether you were planning Pumpkin Pie French Toast, an egg casserole or flipping pancakes, you really should scratch those plans and make these instead. You can enjoy them for breakfast, for ‘brunch’ or even a snack an hour or so before your feast!
Seriously, they are perfect. And will make your Thanksgiving morning perfect too.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 Tbsp browned butter chilled
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp browned butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Place one stick of butter into a pan over medium heat. After butter melts and cooks for a few minutes it will begin to brown. Gently swirl the butter until it is a deep brown. Place browned butter in freezer to chill quickly while you prepare the dough.
- Mix the dry ingredients for the dough in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter until the flour has a crumbly consistency. Add all remaining dough ingredients and mix just until all liquid is integrated.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness. Spread dough surface with 4 tablespoons browned butter then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon to create the filling.
- Roll up to enclose the filling, similar to a jelly roll. Use very sharp knife to cut out 12 biscuit slices.
- Bake on parchment paper at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cool biscuits on rack for 10 minutes. Blend all frosting ingredients in a small bowl. Spread over rolls.