A delightful sauce that will dress up your next pulled pork lettuce wraps meal!
Get. In. My. Belly.
(Name that movie!!?!!)
Oh my heavens…next time you pick up a pork roast, please make these. Please. Please. Please!
First cook the pork roast in the slow cooker… then proceed…
Make the soy-sesame-garlic-onion-ginger sauce.
Pour over the pulled pork and toss.
Set the rest of the BBQ pulled pork in the fridge and use later in the week on sliders!
If you are hosting a Memorial Day gathering, consider making these for guests…a pound of the pulled pork would easily make a dozen or more “mini” lettuce wraps…just use a smaller lettuce leaf for each!
Sesame Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 2 lb. pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 1 medium carrot peeled and grated for garnish
- Place a 2-3 lb. pork roast in the slow cooker. Pour about 1/2 cup water in the base, then pour 1/2 cup BBQ sauce over the top. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- When done cooking, remove from the slow cooker and using 2 forks, pull the meat apart and mix with the BBQ sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, onion powder and ground ginger with a few dashes of pepper. Pour over the slow cooked pulled pork.
- Clean lettuce leaves and pat dry.
- Spoon the Sesame Pulled Pork into the lettuce and top with some grated carrots.
- Serve Sesame Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps with favorite sides.
LOVE this recipe and can’t wait to try it. FYI – Your printing link will not print directions.
Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom says
Thanks for the heads up Lisa…I’ve fixed the printing issue!
Where can i get the nutritional value of all of your meals? specifically grams of sugar, calories, etc…
Ruthie Higbee says
Melissa, I am late, but if you’re still looking, try this! http://nutritiondata.self.com/mynd/myrecipes/welcome?returnto=/mynd/myrecipes