(Note: The roast on this platter I used for 3 meals…one for roast with gravy, one for pulled pork and another for the freezer for later!)
CROCK POT! Yeah…it’s that time of year! In my mind, fall means “Crockpot Season”!
Here’s my $5 version…
Pork Roast with Tomatoes, Onions and Potatoes
- 1 Pork Roast ($2.35 ALWAYS check the "Manager's Special" section!)
- 6 White or Red Potatoes, cut in cubes ($1.25)
- 1/2 onion, chopped ($.30)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped ($.10)
- 1 15 oz. can tomatoes ($.17 Muir Glen on sale with coupon...yeah for cheap organics!), or 4 fresh from the garden (FREE!)
- 1/2 cup Peas ($.25)
- 1 cup water or broth (free from cooking other meats!)
- Pour 1 cup water into slow cooker. If you have broth, by all means give it some extra flavor!
- Place cut potatoes, onions, garlic, tomatoes on the bottom. Place roast on top. Cover and cook 6-8 hours, whichever you prefer.
- Baste roast after a few hours to get some extra flavor on top!
- Cook peas and serve with roast and potatoes.
- Save/freeze juices and any extra potatoes/tomatoes for future beef stew!