Slow Cooker Pork Roast and Mashed Red Potatoes
Servings: 4 persons
- 1 - 2.5 lb pork roast ($4.05) I used half or less than half for tonight's meal, so we'll call it $2 for this meal! I'll show you later in the week what I do with the other half!!!
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder ($.05)
- 6 red potatoes ($.79)
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream ($.10) Recently on sale matched with Cellfire.com coupon
- 1/4-1/2 cup fat free milk ($.10)
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed ($.20)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups organic frozen peas ($1)
- Place pork roast in slow cooker with 1/2 cup of water (or you can spray slow cooker with cooking spray). Season with salt, cracked pepper and garlic powder. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Scrub and cut red potatoes into quarters. Boil for about 10 minutes, until soft and "mashable." Drain water and place in bowl to mash.
- Mash cooked red potatoes with potato masher. Add sour cream and milk (I'm all out of butter, but 2-3 Tbsp butter would be good too!). Add more milk for creamier potatoes or less milk for chunkier potatoes. Add crushed garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook frozen green beans according to package instructions.
- Remove pork from slow cooker when it's finished. Slice into 1/3-1/2 inch slices.
- Serve sliced pork roast with gravy and a side of mashed red potatoes and green beans.