I wanted to post this recipe because it is a great way to use up leftover pork roast. I had about 1/2 – 3/4 lb pork roast leftover from Thursday night’s Bacon Wrapped Pork Roast.
We have a Sunday night tradition in the summer to have dinner outside with Grandma. She brings part of the meal and we have the other part. We eat outside and enjoy the beautiful weather and each other’s company.
Here is the recipe from tonight’s pork and beans.
Pork and Beans
Super simple and super good!
Servings - 6 servings
- 2 cups dried beans, I used small red, large red and pinto beans
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3-4 Tbsp mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Leftover pork roast
- Soak beans for at least 2 hours in HOT water. Rinse and add to large sauce pan with at least 2 inches of water covering the beans. Cook on medium heat for about 2 hours, or until soft.
- As beans are finishing cooking, whisk together ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Set over medium-low heat and let bubble. Add shredded leftover pork roast.
- Drain and rinse beans. Add to pork and sauce. Let cook about 5 minutes and serve warm.
Leave a Reply