Here’s one for my meat loving friends!
Yes, you’re reading and seeing this right…it’s meatloaf. With a pizza topping.
And it’s just amazing.
Polished, we polished our plates when we had this one!
The boys loved this. They decided that it had a bit of a spaghetti taste (I think this would be the pizza sauce with the beef combo.) And they thought it was great that it had pizza on top!
A new kid favorite from our table to yours…
Also, this is easy to make gluten-free by subbing in gluten-free breadcrumbs!
Here’s the recipe for you…
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- Pepperoni & other favorite pizza toppings
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, egg and breadcrumbs. Add the meat mixture to a 9" round baking dish and press evenly into the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until meatloaf is cooked through in the middle.
- Note: if need be, scrape off any extra fat from the top of the meatloaf, before adding pizza toppings.
- Once meatloaf is baked, spread the pizza sauce directly onto the "meatloaf crust," then add shredded cheese and preferred pizza toppings.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes. Cut into "pizza slices" to serve.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Pizza Meatloaf with veggies.