What a delightful pop of Italian flavor in these meatballs!
Just mix the pesto right into the meatball mix, along with some Parmesan cheese and other meatball-mixins. And you end up with a lovely combo of flavors to go with your pasta and marinara sauce.
Spaghetti or spaghetti and meatballs is such a wonderful weeknight dinner – a regular staple in many homes. And adding pesto into the meatballs is a fun and simple way to mix things up and try something new!
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup pesto (about 6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 26 oz. jar marinara sauce
- Side: pasta
- Side: salad
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, pesto, grated Parmesan cheese, minced onion, garlic powder and pinch of salt and pepper. Using an ice cream scoop, form beef mixture into balls and place them in a single layer into a baking dish. Pour the marinara sauce over the tops of the meatballs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Cooking time may vary depending on size of meatballs.
- While the meatballs are baking, cook the pasta and prepare the salad.
- Serve Pesto Meatballs over pasta with side salad.