Got herbs in your garden?
Make some homemade pesto and get this amazing meal put together for dinner soon!
Don’t got herbs in your garden?
Pick up some store bought pesto and get this amazing meal put together for dinner soon!
This is one of our brand new MyFreezEasy dinners and it’s already one of the top recipes added to our members meal plans!
Watch and see how quick it is to put together!
It’s perfect with a side salad, or over pasta, or both salad and pasta. It’s lovely with side of steamed rice too!
You’re going to LOVE this one!
Pesto Chicken Bake
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 50 – 60 minutes
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. container pesto
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, garnish
- 16 oz. pasta (use gluten free as needed)
- Salad, as side dish
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place the chicken breasts into a 9×13-inch baking dish and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Spread a dollop of pesto onto each chicken breasts.
- Pour the diced tomatoes over the top of all the chicken, then sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the top. Add the shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of the chicken.
- Prepare the salad.
- Prepare the pasta.
- Serve Pesto Chicken Bake garnished with basil over pasta with salad.
Freeze & Thaw Instructions: Assemble all ingredients (except garnish, pasta, and salad) into a freezer friendly 9×13 tray as directed above. Cover with foil or lid. Put tray in the freezer and freeze up to 6 months in fridge freezer or 12 months in a deep freezer. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or a warm shallow dish of water for about 20 minutes, before transferring to the oven and baking as directed.