You are your people and going to go batty-batty-batty over this pasta meal.
What I’ve got for you here is the “basic or base” recipe for a pizza-pasta-bake.
It’s pasta, tossed with meat sauce, topped with cheese and pepperoni. There are LOTS of ways you can adapt this for your family – mixing in other favorite pizza toppings like mushrooms, black olives, green bell peppers, even a little ham and pineapple bits (for Hawaiian style). Also, I used ground beef for the meat sauce, but this would be delicious with all ground Italian sausage or half-half sausage and beef.
However you love your pizza, you can recreate it in this pasta bake! 😉
Also, easy to cut in half and make in an 8×8-inch dish!
So, here’s how it goes…
Cook the swirly, twirly pasta and drain it well.
Brown the ground beef and drain…then add to a bowl and…
Toss with the marinara sauce
Like, you can see where this is going and just Mmmmmm.
Add the pasta and toss well, then…
Spread into baking dish…
Add a layer of cheese, then pepperoni, then a little more cheese and…
Then, you can start drooling, err, enjoying this supper! It’s perfect with a side salad, or fresh fruit!
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz. spiral pasta
- 26 oz. jar marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. pepperoni slices
- Grated Parmesan cheese garnish
- Side salad or fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with minced onion and garlic powder. Drain, if needed.
- Cook the pasta, al dente. Drain and toss with the marinara sauce and browned ground beef. Add pasta and meat sauce to 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with half of the shredded cheese, then add a layer of pepperonis, then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until warmed through and cheese has melted. Add grated Parmesan cheese garnish.
- Serve Pepperoni Pizza Bake with side salad.