Peppermint Muddy Buddies ~ A Great Homemade Holiday Gift!
I’ve put a peppermint-y spin onto the classic “puppy chow” or “muddy buddies.”
And it’s uh-mazing. Irresistible.
Like, you might need to make an extra batch just for yourself. And more if you plan to share with the kids. So, it kinda ends up looking like this…
2 batches – holiday gifts
1 batch – ME
1 batch – rest of the family
I’m kidding. Not really.
Make extra, you’ll be glad you did!
Here’s a few shots that I shared on Instagram stories!
Using these FreezEasy Bag Holders (that I normally use for freezer meals!) to get the chocolate-y Chex into the bags for their dusting of powdered sugar!
Sideways shot of the muddy buddies going in before the powdered sugar dusting!
And here are the gifts we’ll be passing out!
Check out our Peppermint Bark Chex Party Mix too!
From the Chase Family! <3
Made a few batches and pass along to your friends, neighbors, teachers and whomever else in your life needs this sweet treat! Enjoy!
- 9 cups Rice Corn and/or Chocolate Chex
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 gallon-size plastic bags
- Small plastic bags for gifts or large sealable container/bag
- Measure cereal into large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour into two 1-gallon resealable plastic bag, using FreezEasy bag holders.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.