That’s what happened to the plates on our dinner table when we had this.
NEW FAN FAVORITE.
And I love how easy it is to prep and that we had a few leftover lunch portions too!
Penne Rigate Bake
I love how easy it is to prep and that we had a few leftover lunch portions too!
Servings - 6 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 26 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 12 oz. box penne rigate noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- parsley garnish
- Simple salad or veggies side dish
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain, if needed and return to skillet. Stir in the marinara sauce and Italian seasoning, then keep warm on low heat until ready to assemble in the baking dish.
- Cook the pasta, as directed. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese, egg and Parmesan cheese.
- To the prepared baking dish, gently toss the meat, cooked pasta and cheese mixture. Spread into the dish and sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes, or until cheese has melted and begins to golden.
- Serve Penne Rigate Bake with simple side salad or steamed veggies.
Leave a Reply