I saw this Pear Oven Pancake in a magzine, and through it was worth a try!
It took minutes to prepare, and of course filled the house with a fantastic aroma. It puffed up like a balloon, and then returned to a “pancake” look after it cooled down.
Slice and serve. Yum!
Steve and I both really enjoyed this…both for breakfast, and later as an afternoon snack!
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 2 Tbsp sugar divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Place melted butter in the base of a pie plate or 9x9 round cake pan and swirl so it coats the bottom.
- In medium bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the evaporated milk and eggs until well blended. Pour into the flour mixture and whisk together. Pour batter into pie plate.
- Arrange the pear slices in a pinwheel in the batter. (The pear slices will "float" a bit!)
- Combine 2 Tbsp sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until puffed up and begins to golden on the top. Serve warm.