After looking through the Holiday Recipe Guide from Carnation, I decided this Pear Oven Pancake was worth a try!Â And boy am I glad I did!Â It took minutes to prepare, and of course filled the house with a fantastic aroma.Â It puffed up like a balloon (as seen above), and then returned to a “pancake” look after it cooled down.Â Slice and serve. Yum!
Pear Oven Pancake
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 2 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 12 ounce can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place melted butter in the base of a pie plate or 9x9 round cake pan and swirl so it coats the bottom.
- In medium bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the Carnation Evaporated Milk and the eggs until well blended. Pour into the flour mixture and whisk together. Pour batter into pie plate.
- Arrange the pear slices in a pinwheel in the batter. (The pear slices will "float" a bit!)
- Combine the 2 Tbsp sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
Steve and I both really enjoyed this…both for breakfast, and later as an afternoon snack!