Yes, yes I did say that.
And if you haven’t ever made a warm bacon vinaigrette and poured it over a salad that is packed full of other powerful and complementary flavors, you are missing out on an important thing in life. Warm bacon vinaigrette over a spinach salad should definitely be on your food bucket list. And you should cross that one off as soon as you possible can!
Here’s an amazing salad for you to try and then you can cross that one off the list….because…bacon. Bacon. Bacon!
Bacon really does make everything better 😉
Pear & Blue Cheese Salad
- 4 slices of bacon, drippings reserved
- 10 oz shell baby spinach or baby spinach-spring mix
- 2 ripe pears, cored and sliced
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook the bacon in a skillet, or in the oven. Reserve 3 Tbsp of the rendered fat. Let bacon cool slightly before crumbling.
- In a large mixing or serving bowl, toss together the spinach mix, pear slices, crumbled blue cheese, chopped walnuts and add the crumbled bacon to the salad once cooled slightly.
- Prepare the homemade bacon vinaigrette.In a small skillet or saucepan, add the bacon drippings and whisk in the sugar, spicy brown mustard and vinegar. Add a pinch of both salt and pepper. Once dressing has been well whisked, pour warm over the salad.
- Serve Pear & Blue Cheese Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette.