I’ve got another amazing Patriotic treat for you!
Earlier this week, I shared a simple patriotic snack mix…and today it’s a simple popcorn with a sweet red-white-and-blue drizzle. I’m sharing this one over a week ahead…in case you want to order the blue baking chips. (The other items you should be able to find at your grocery store.) The blue baking chips can be found on Amazon or at a cake decorating store, if you have one of those in your area.
Also, if you’re into the sweet-salty type of popcorn, be sure to sprinkle a little salt onto the popcorn just after you lay it all out onto a baking sheet.
Pop the popcorn and lay out onto lined baking sheet to cool.
Melt the blue baking chips. Melt the white chocolate chips.
Drizzle the blue.
Drizzle the white.
Sprinkle in the red.
Let cool and the prepared popcorn will clump together.
Serve Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn at your Independence Day gathering!
Munch, munch, crunch!
Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn
Yield – 10 to 12 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes*
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 6 cups popped white popcorn (no butter)
- Salt, optional
- 1/2 cup Wilton royal blue chocolate melts
- 1/2 cup White chocolate chips or Wilton white chocolate melts
- 1/4 cup red M&M’s
- 1 Tbsp red sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- Pop the popcorn according to package directions.
- Spread the popped popcorn onto the cookie sheet in a single layer. (Sprinkle with salt if you prefer.) Allow to cool for 3-7 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the blue chocolate melts for 40 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir well.
- Continue to microwave blue chocolate melts in 10 second intervals until completely melted.
- With a spoon, drizzle the blue melted chocolate on top of the popcorn.
- Melt the white chocolate chips/melts as directed above and drizzle over popcorn.
- Before the chocolate sets, sprinkle the red M&M’s and sprinkles onto the popcorn.
- Let the popcorn cool for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.*
- Break up into smaller pieces.
- Enjoy this Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn for dessert or Independence Day snack!
Note: Do not use any kind of butter flavored popcorn as the butter will make it hard for the melted chocolate to stick to the popcorn.
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #19.