This Chicken Pasta Primavera is loaded with diced chicken, zucchini, squash, carrots, broccoli, garden fresh tomatoes…tossed in a Parmesan cheese sauce!
- 1 box piccolini farfalle pasta
- 2 chicken breasts diced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini squash cut into circles
- 1 medium yellow squash cut into circles
- 1/4 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 2 carrot sticks peeled and chopped
- 5 small tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3-4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In medium saucepan, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and add to large serving bowl.
- In large skillet, saute diced chicken in olive oil and salt and pepper for 6-8 minutes, stirring often. Once chicken has cooked through, transfer to plate.
- Chop all veggies. Add chopped veggies to same skillet that cooked the chicken in.
- Add all the veggies (except the tomatoes) to the same skillet that you sauteed the chicken and steam/saute for 3-4 minutes with 1/4 cup of water. Add the tomatoes during the last minute. Transfer to plate.
- Make white sauce in the same skillet. See video for details! (Note: My videographer husband was still at work while I made this dinner, so sorry about the few spots that are jumpy!)
- In large serving bowl, toss pasta, cooked chicken, sauteed veggies with Parmesan sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste…and extra Parmesan cheese if you like.
- Serve Chicken Pasta Primavera.
Note: This made a LOT of pasta…will easily feed us all for lunch tomorrow…and possibly beyond!