If vegetables could taste like candy, these might be the Reese’s of all cooked vegetables. The oven roasting gives the green beans a bit of a caramelized flavor…and the boldness and sweetness from the roasted garlic…and it’s almost like they are candied vegetables. Almost.
(Even though that’s a ridiculous claim, you have to try them and decide for yourself.)
This recipe is very simple…toss it all together in a bowl. Place on foil lined baking sheet. Roast for 8 minutes.
The only thing you’ll be waiting on is the oven to preheat up to the roasting temp!
Oven Roasted Garlic Green Beans
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 minutes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1-2 Tbsp grated or shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a mixing bowl, add the olive oil, green beans, minced garlic, Kosher salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Spread the green beans out on the foiled lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 8 minutes, tossing quickly at around 6 minutes.
- Let cook slightly before serving.
- Serve Oven Roasted Garlic Green Beans as side dish with favorite meat, chicken or pork chops meal.
If you have a favorite green beans recipe on your blog, please share it with us! And feel free to drop links to your favorite green bean recipes in the comments too!
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #138.