Tonight we had Oven Fried Drumsticks. I pulled out some homemade buns from the freezer that I made “before the windstorm” and steamed some organic vegetables that I recently bought on closeout and with a coupon!
Oven Fried Drumsticks
A budget friendly, easy weeknight meal!
Servings - 4 servings
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 6 Homemade Rolls or dinner rolls
- 16 oz. package frozen organic vegetables
- Melt butter. Dip drumsticks into butter. Place in baking dish. Sprinkle with seasonings. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Thaw or make homemade buns.
- Steam vegetables.
Hey-Looks good! I got some drumstick and thighs with the same sort of deal. Love walking in to Kroger and finding a “Manager’s Special”!
Michele Pleasants says
How long did you all bake the drumsticks? Thanks!
Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom says
25-30 minutes at 350.
Wow, I’m so impressed with your dinners! “Cheap” has a negative connotation but you make it look yummy!
I made these tonight for dinner, and my family LOVED them! It’s now a hit, and on a recipe card for another night! Thanks!
Another way to do Oven-Fried Chicken is using Bisquick. The recipe is on the box of Bisquick. 2 tbsp butter/margarine, bisquick, spices and chicken and it is WAY better than fried chicken