Once you make these Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes, you’ll never make them the old way again!
Seriously, mashed potatoes have never been easier thanks to the never-ending possibilities and magic of the slow cooker!
These taters make the holiday cooking a little less stressful. And we could all use a little less stress! Am I right?!
Speaking of less stress, this recipe also only requires ONE “dish” to use and clean! The slow cooker insert is all you need my friend!
How to Make Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes without peeling or boiling!
Wash and prick each potato with a fork.
Add broth and seasoning.
Slow cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6 hours. (I prefer and recommend low, but you can use high if you’re in a hurry.)
Once cooked, mash with potato masher and mix in any remaining broth in the slow cooker.
Add butter and stir in to melt.
Stir in milk, half and half or cream.
I recommend higher fat, as it makes the end result creamier!
Stir in sour cream for a touch of tangy-ness.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy the easiest mashed potatoes ever!!!
- Slow cooker
- 5 lbs. gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup whole milk or half and half
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub each potato and pierce with fork. Place into the base of the slow cooker. Pour the chicken broth into the base of the slow cooker. Set on low and cook for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, mashed with a potato masher, mixing in any remaining liquid into the potatoes.
- Add in the butter and stir into the potatoes until melted.
- Stir in the milk or half and half, adding more 2 Tbsp at a time until you reach desired consistency. Stir in the sour cream. Finally, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes as side dish.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #243.