Did someone say ‘no-bake dessert’???
Why yes, yes I did!
We’ve already had a couple of ‘those’ days here in San Antonio. The days that make you long for summer…and kinda dread it at the same time. The days where it tops out at a ‘dry’ 85 degrees and you feel like you’re melting. Those first really hot days of the spring that send you running outdoors to play baseball in the backyard (at least that’s what we do around here!)…only to be complaining of the ‘heat’ and wanting to go back inside.
And then, in the back of my head, I’m thinking…I’m ‘this’ hot now and it’s only going to get more humid and crazy hotter. How will I survive? (Oh right, we’ll be in the pool all.summer.long.) Speaking of which, I need to sign the older boys up for swim team…)
(Anyone else ‘rabbit trail’ in their thoughts…all.day.long.)
This is a great recipe for busy moms who don’t want to stand around in the kitchen ‘baking,’ especially in the summer. But please note the ‘chill time.’ I’m not sure I’d want to eat these warm…but maybe it would work?!
Happy dessert-ing through the summer months with these delicious lemon tarts!
No Bake Gluten Free Coconut Lemon Tarts
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup raw almonds, whole
- 1/2 cup uncooked oats (use GF oats as needed for a gluten-free diet)
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract(or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil