I’m adding this to the “foods that when I eat them, any and all self control flies out the window” list. Right behind Thin Mints and chocolate chip cookies.
In general, I’m a sucker for any dessert with chocolate. And now I’m a sucker for these key lime bars. So..so..so..SO..SO rich, smooth and summery-scrumptious!
- No bake.
- Coconutty flavors that practically whisk you to the tropics.
- A lovely vanilla wafer crust.
- Key lime. (Yes, you need to use key lime. Not just regular lime. Because key limes have a deeper, richer flavor.)
- Summer, summer, summer…the perfect summer dessert!
Also, these are egg-free! A perfect summer dessert for those who don’t tolerate eggs well 🙂
No Bake Coconut Key Lime Pie Squares
Yield – 12 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes*
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 3 cups vanilla wafers
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar (granulated sugar can be substituted)
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. key lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Line a 9X9 pan with parchment paper.
- Crush the vanilla wafers into fine crumbs. Stir in the coconut sugar and butter. Pour this into your 9X9 pan. Press into the bottom evenly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, key lime juice, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flakes and then pour the mixture over the top of the crust. Smooth out the mixture until it’s even all over the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours until the mixture is firm.* Cut into squares.
- Serve No Bake Coconut Key Lime Pie Squares chilled. (Cover and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.)