This is a soup/stew that I used to make when we lived in the Dominican Republic years ago. Many years ago. It’s super delicious and super budget friendly! And perfect with a side of dinner rolls or a hunk of crusty loaf bread! Mmmmmm!
This recipe freezer friendly – so make up a batch for dinner and double it up and freeze what you don’t eat!
- 4 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 pork chops
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz can corn, drained
- 15 oz can lima or butter beans, drained
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Salad, as side dish
- Dinner Rolls, as side dish
- Open the can of crushed tomatoes, corn and lima or butter beans. Drain the corn and beans.
- Chop the onion.
- To the slow cooker, add the chicken thighs, pork chops, chopped onion, minced garlic, BBQ sauce, crushed tomatoes, corn, beans and chicken stock. Add a little salt and pepper. Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Once finished cooking, use 2 forks and shred the chicken and pork chops into the stew.
- Prepare the salad.
- Warm the dinner rolls.
- Serve Slow Cooker New Brunswick Stew with salad and dinner rolls.