Yup yup…just 3 ingredients!
Self rising flour, sugar and crushed pineapple. I’m all about the time hacks…including not pulling out all.the.baking.things. when you can use self-rising flour instead! Self-rising flour works wonderfully in many recipes, especially this one. I have not experimented with other sweeteners, but think that applesauce or coconut sugar would be options to try.
Also, this is a great and quick batter that your kiddos could mix up…and then easy enough to get ready for the oven. Loving these afternoon snack/dessert muffins! <3
3-Ingredient Pineapple Muffins
Just three ingredients for these delightful treats!
Servings - 12 muffins
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups fresh pineapple (mashed, including juice) OR 1 - 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 12-14 small chunks of fresh pineapple, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine the first three ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins and fill 2/3 full. Try not to overfill as these will rise well.
- Place 1 fresh pineapple chunk in the center of each muffin. It does not have to be covered with batter, as the batter will rise and cover the pineapple while booking. This is an optional step.
- Bake for 20 minutes until done and lightly browned. Cool before serving.
- Serve 3 Ingredient Pineapple Muffins as a tasty afternoon treat or dessert!
Do you have a more-ingredients version of this recipe for those of us who never have self-rising flour on hand? These sound so tasty!
1 cup of flour, 1.5 tsp baking powder, .5 tsp salt. That’s how I make self rising flour.
For every cup of all purpose flour add a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder…. mix it all together and you then pretty much have self rising flour!
I’m gluten free, I wonder if this could be done with oat flour and then add the salt and baking powder. I love pineapple.