I found in the freezer…6 eye of round steaks…that I bought back in early September. The beautiful part is that I bought 6 eye of round steaks for just over $2! They came in 2 packages, each with 3 steaks and each just over $2. I used a $2 coupon for Private Selection beef from a Kroger mailer.
Can’t beat 6 eye of round steaks for just over $2!!!
I wanted to make a swiss steak…and had mushrooms on hand too, so…
HELLO. Mushroom Swiss Steak. It’s nice to meet you!
You might be my new favorite meal!!!
PHOTOS: How to Cook Mushroom Swiss Steak
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 large white onion sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 eye of round steaks
- 4 oz. can of sliced mushrooms drained
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tsp tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- veggies side dish
- mashed potatoes side dish
- Slice onions. Peel and crush garlic.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Once the oil is hot, brown the steaks on both sides.
- Add the crushed garlic and sliced onions. Saute with the steaks for 4-5 minutes, or until onions become transparent. Add drained mushrooms and mix in.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato paste with 2 cans worth of water.
- Pour tomato sauce over the steaks, onions and mushrooms. Combine well. Stir in tarragon, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Once it starts to splatter, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until steak has cooked through.
- Warm veggies and mashed potatoes.
- Serve Mushroom Swiss Steak with veggies and potatoes.