Stir-fry. Ground beef based chili. Slow cooker meals. Stir-fry turned slow cooker meals. Chicken bakes. Roasts.
These are just a few of my favorite type of recipe to cook in a multi-cooker.
I ADORE the multiple cooking functions (hence, multi-cooker name) and how you can brown ground beef and then turn into chili – all in the same pot. Or brown a roast to seal in all the natural juices, then let it bake/roast or slow cook the day away. Being able cook some many different types of meals in the same pot/insert is a dream for this busy, running all over town with my boys, mom. Because seriously, one less dish to scrub matters. 😉
And no, this is not the same thing as an Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker…
What is a “Multi-Cooker”?
A multi-cooker is a new countertop small kitchen appliance that makes one-dish cooking so simple and easy.
The most popular brand is the Ninja and I recommend the Ninja 4-in-1 (factory refurbished, cheaper option) for a beginner home chef.
If you are very adept in the kitchen and confident with cooking with small appliances, then go for the AutoIQ model!
Multi-Cooker Pineapple Chicken
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 20 oz. can pineapple chunk drained but reserve juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Sesame seeds and green onion slices garnish
- 2 cups rice side dish
- Fresh veggies or salad side dish
- Drain the pineapple juice into a small bowl. Set the drained can of pineapple to the side. Add the chicken stock, brown sugar, soy sauce and minced garlic to the bowl with the pineapple juice.
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of the multi-cooker and pour the pineapple chunks around the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the pineapple-soy sauce mixture over the top.
- SLOW COOKER: Cook on low for 8 hours. With 30 minutes left in the cooking cycle, swirl the cornstarch with a Tbsp of water and stir it into the sauce. Cook for 30 more minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Prepare veggies or salad.
- Serve Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken with sesame seed and green onion slice garnish, over rice with veggies or salad.
Have you tried to cook this using another method such as the Instant Pot?