Stir-fry. Ground beef based chili. Slow cooker meals. Stir-fry turned slow cooker meals. Chicken bakes. Roasts.
These are just a few of my favorite type of recipe to cook in a multi-cooker.
I ADORE the multiple cooking functions (hence, multi-cooker name) and how you can brown ground beef and then turn into chili – all in the same pot. Or brown a roast to seal in all the natural juices, then let it bake/roast or slow cook the day away. Being able cook some many different types of meals in the same pot/insert is a dream for this busy, running all over town with my boys, mom. Because seriously, one less dish to scrub matters. 😉
And no, this is not the same thing as an Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker…
What is a “Multi-Cooker”?
A multi-cooker is a new countertop small kitchen appliance that makes one-dish cooking so simple and easy. Read more about them on Multi-Cooker Recipes.
The most popular brand is the Ninja and I recommend the Ninja 4-in-1Â (factory refurbished, cheaper option) for a beginner home chef. If you are very adept in the kitchen and confident with cooking with small appliances, then go for the AutoIQ model!
Multi-Cooker Pineapple Chicken
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (use gluten free for a GF meal!)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, drained but reserve juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Sesame seeds and green onion slices, garnish
- 1 cup rice, as side dish
- Fresh veggies or salad, as side dish
- Drain the pineapple juice into a small bowl. Set the drained can of pineapple to the side. Add the chicken stock, brown sugar, soy sauce and minced garlic to the bowl with the pineapple juice.
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of the multi-cooker and pour the pineapple chunks around the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the pineapple-soy sauce mixture over the top.
- SLOW COOKER: Cook on low for 8 hours. With 30 minutes left in the cooking cycle, swirl the cornstarch with a Tbsp of water and stir it into the sauce. Cook for 30 more minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Prepare veggies or salad.
- Serve Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken with sesame seed and green onion slice garnish, over rice with veggies or salad.