Tonight’s recipe comes from faithful reader Marilyn! And I’ve got another similar one that I’ll share tomorrow night. This week might turn into “Skillet Dinner Week”…or it might not?!??!?
(Hint: I’ve got some great grilling recipes coming your way!)
So if it rains…and you can’t get out to the grill, stay in and make these skillet dinners instead.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes undrained
- 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef and onion; drain excess fat.
- Rinse quinoa in sieve/colander.
- Add tomatoes, chilies, quinoa, water and spices to ground beef mixture and simmer (uncovered) for about 25 minutes. (If water evaporates too quickly, cover pan for remainder of cooking time.)
- Serve Mexican Ground Beef Quinoa Skillet.