As part of the No Cold Cereal Challenge last week, I made this oatmeal…inspired by one of those instant packet oatmeals that I’ve seen at the store.
But I guarantee this tastes better!!!
I still have some pecans leftover from the holidays…and my *free* maple syrup from Amazon (using Amazon credit from Swagbucks)…and some marked down oats (paired with a coupon of course!)…using inexpensive ingredients with some pricier ones, like pecans, still keeps the overall cost down!
Simple, nutritious and hearty!!!
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like your oatmeal)
- Cream or milk, optional
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add 2 cups of quick cooking oats. Cook according to directions on box.
- While water is boiling and oats are cooking, chop the pecans.
- When the oatmeal has thickened and is gently bubbling (over medium-high heat), add pecans
- Stir and add in the maple syrup.
Up next…Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal!