I adore mangoes and raspberries. Put them together with a crumbly top and I may as well send myself to summer dessert heaven!
This mango raspberry crumble is a simple dessert that just takes a few minutes to throw together. The kids can toss the fruit together in the baking dish, and they can help mix up the crumble topping, too. And there’s no question they will want to help you eat it up too!
This one is sure to wow those at your Memorial Day gathering or any other gathering this summer!
Mango Raspberry Crumble
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 50 minutes
- 2 mangos, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint raspberries
- Juice from one lemon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour + 3 Tbsp, divided
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- In a 12-inch circular baking dish or deep dish pie pan, toss the mango chunks, apple pieces and raspberries. Squeeze the juice from one lemon over the fruit and toss. Sprinkle the brown sugar and 3 Tbsp of flour over the fruit and stir it together.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 cup flour, sugar, oats and salt until well combined. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender, fork or two knives, until pea-sized pieces form. Spread the topping over the fruit in the baking dish.
- Bake at 375 F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until crust begins to golden on top.
- Serve warm or chilled as is, or warm with ice cream.
What’s your favorite summer fruit dessert?
Recipe originally posted on SCJohnson.com.