We had a small gathering tonight for Bubby’s birthday…10 adults and 10 kids. As I said earlier, I was bound and determined to keep it simple. Keep it real.
I was bound and determined to provide a meal that was scrumptious using what I had on hand!
The party was perfect! And so was this salad!
Macaroni Salad for a Crowd
- 2 16 oz. boxes of elbow macaroni noodles ($1.94)
- 2 carrots ($.20)
- 2 green peppers ($.75 each)
- 1/2 large red onion ($.30)
- 1 cup light mayonnaise ($.50)
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice ($.20)
- 4 Tbsp vinegar ($.20)
- 4 Tbsp sugar ($.10)
- Salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- In a LARGE saucepan, bring water to boil and cook both boxes of pasta noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water. Add to large serving bowl.
- Peel and chop carrots. Seed and dice green peppers. Chop red onion.
- Toss pasta noodles with vegetables.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper. Pour over pasta and vegetables. Mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Serve chilled Macaroni Salad to a Crowd.