Two favorites combined together make for double the child-friendliness of this recipe! My daughter found a photo/pin via Pinterest. She created her own version of macaroni and cheese grilled cheese â€“ one that has her siblings asking her to make it all the time.
She basically cooked a favorite store-bought box of pasta with Velveeta cheese. She then grilled up the macaroni cheesiness between two pieces of bread until it was all melty and delicious. There are so many variations you could try with this. Make your own favorite pasta, stir in regular, shredded cheese. Make it your own!
Macaroni and Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- 1 12 oz. package Velveeta cheese and shells pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 16 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons butter on griddle or in frying pan.
- Place cooked pasta between two slices of bread.
- Grill sandwiches approximately 3-5 minutes each side or until desired brownness.
- Serve warm.