Two favorites combined together make for double the child-friendliness of this recipe!
My daughter found a pin via Pinterest. She created her own version of macaroni and cheese grilled cheese – one that has her siblings asking her to make it all the time.
She basically cooked a favorite store-bought box of pasta with Velveeta cheese. She then grilled up the macaroni chees-iness between two pieces of bread until it was all melty and delicious. There are so many variations you could try with this. Make your own favorite pasta, stir in regular, shredded cheese. Make it your own!
- 12 oz. box Velveeta cheese and shells pasta
- 16 slices bread
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Place the butter on griddle or in frying pan and let melt over medium heat.
- Place the cooked pasta between two slices of bread.
- Grill sandwiches approximately 2 to 3 minutes each side, or until desired brownness.
- Serve Mac n Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches warm with some fruit or veggies.